I’ve written previously about the negative effects of technology on our lives – but there is good in there, too.
This was highlighted by the ‘Tech4Good’ awards for which Anna Bawden was a judge and about which she wrote recently in theguardian.com.
Amongst these are apps helping people to:
- communicate and navigate – taking account of particular impairments such as deafness, blindness and partial sight
- call emergency services if in distress or danger and unable to speak – particularly useful in instances of breathing difficulties, allergies or domestic abuse
- manage neurological and physical physiotherapy
- identify and express feelings
- support mental health recovery